Saturday, September 15, 2007

Mexico & LA

On Saturday last weekend, my roommates Morgan and Jeremy and I decided to take off in the afternoon and go to Mexico! It was the middle of the afternoon, and we were all on call... I was until 4pm and they were until 9pm, but we figured that we wouldn't get called out so took the chance and started the drive down to Nogales. Our other roommate, Melissa decided not to join us in case she got called... We made it down late in the afternoon and first drove across the border. That was a mistake, because we couldn't find anywhere to park... So we got in line to go back to America... and waited about 45 minutes! Between the street vendors walking up and down the line of cars and Jeremy's comments about everything, we were kept entertained. Eventually we got back to Arizona, paid $3 to park, and walked back across. Going in to Mexico is a piece of cake as far as immigration goes!

Being blondies, Morgan and I were the hot attraction walking down the street! The guys asked Jeremy if we were his wives, and he said, "oh, no man" which gave them an invitation to hug us! It was funny. We walked around a little and bought fun stuff, and eventually went back just after dusk. It was crazy, walking a couple hundred feet and being in a place that felt so completely different! I loved the feeling, though.

Almost as soon as we crossed the border, my phone rang. It was Crew Support calling. It freaked me out, because it was around 7:30pm and I wasn't on call anymore! I let them leave a message, and when I listened to it, they said they had a 4 day trip for me that started the next morning at 5am! I called them back and asked where the overnights were... the first one was in LA! So I called home and let Mom & Dad know...

Sunday morning was a quick day, and after a rough start (no power or a/c on the plane) we made it to LA at 11am! Mom came and picked me up after church and took me home. It was awesome, everyone came over! My cousins, Heather and Steve, Aunt Tracy, even Abi! The surprise visit was Ashley, who used to live with my family. Maria was there too. =) I felt very loved. =) We all hung out, talked, had dinner... Then Mom and Dad ended up spending the night with me at my hotel near LAX. It worked out perfectly, because they were leaving for their vacation in Mazatlan, Mexico the next morning and that way they didn't have to fight the Monday morning LA traffic.

What was supposed to get me back to Tucson on Wednesday night (as a 4 day trip) turned into a 2 day trip... Crew Support called Monday morning and changed my schedule... I worked two round trips out of LA then deadheaded (a favorite term for many of you!! =) ) back to Tucson. I was on call Tuesday... no call. Wednesday evening I was deadheaded to Saly Lake City, where I sat for almost two hours, then worked a trip back on the CRJ 700 on the Delta side... It was amazing how big and nice the plane was! Got back at 11pm, and started my days off...

2 comments:

Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

did you at least eat churros?? they are the best

Anonymous said...

Silly boy Jason! Don't you know that churros add at least 3" to each thigh??