Thursday, May 17, 2007

Training in SLC

Well... I've been in SLC for 3 1/2 days now... Got here on Monday afternoon and it's Thursday night. So I've survived day 3 of training without failing or getting kicked out!! Let's see... in a nutshell...

Monday. Got to the airport. Was on the shuttle with 4 others who came from Chicago for training. Got to the hotel. On the 4th floor. Lugged all my stuff up to my room. Met my roommate - just a little younger than my mom. =) She's really nice. I like her. Lots of different kinds of people here, from lots of different places. Just a handful of guys. Anyway, got unpacked and met a few people. Saw a bunch of people who have been in training for 2 weeks already.

Tuesday. First day of training. Welcome, powerpoints, video, fingerprinting, computer registration, drug testing (man I had to pee so bad that my PBA (Public Bathroom Anxiety) didn't have an effect on me like it usually does during those situations - especially when I'm under that kind of pressure!), physical agility test, paperwork... Oh yeah, and the 30 question test, and the announcement test. Helen was the one who listened to my announcement, and I was already able to go and say hi to her in a more personal way thanks to Jason, who is my lifesaver with all this flight attendant training stuff. Huge blessing. Anyway, Jason told me to say hi to her for him and told me that she was cool. So I automatically felt more comfortable around her because of all that, and was a little less nervous for my announcement test. =) Was super tired and had a headache all day, because I couldn't sleep the night before. Time change, hungry, and NERVOUS. Was glad when the day was over!! I was sooo exhausted though.

Wednesday. Uniform compliance and all that fun stuff. I hate tucking shirts in. Wait... did I say that? No bad attitude here! I love it! ;-) They are super strict about stuff, so you have to be really careful... about EVERYTHING. I forgot to take one of my "6 required items" - my passport. Thought I was done for sure. Don't even know why I forgot it, because I knew I was supposed to have it all the time. I wasn't the only one, and Helen gave us a pretty friendly reminder that we were supposed to have it with us at all times. We did uniform stuff then ordered our uniforms then finally came back to the hotel.

Man. I'm forgetting the days... What did I do Wednesday night? Oh yeah, watched the end of American Idol and COULDN'T BELIEVE that the Melinda didn't make the top 2!! What in the WORLD! Went to the gym and worked out a little while I listened to my announcements on my mp3 player. Put them on my computer too and have been subliminally listening to them all night. =) Love it. Oh yeah, got to watch Lost Wednesday night too which was awesome... watched it while I was checking my manual for completeness.

Thursday... what was Thursday...? Ha. More powerpoint and stuff with Helen. FAR's. Then today we did some stuff on passenger handling with Fusaka. Long day. Bus broke down. Less time to do all the homework and learn the announcements! About to put them on and listen while I go to sleep... and am sleeping. A fun filled day of First Aid and CPR tomorrow! wooooo...

1 comment:

Borba Family said...

Holy cow. You sound super busy. So I'm glad things sound like they are going okay. Once you get into the groove of everything I know it will be great. I keep meaning to send you an email but things have felt so busy this week. I will send you a better email later. I know I don't get to see you often, but I miss having you in California. I'll have Steve put 24 on a couple of dvds for you since tomorrow is the season finale. Crazy! Okay I love you a whole bunch and I'm praying for you!