Monday, May 14, 2007

Late nights before leaving town

It is inevitable for me, that no matter where I go or for how long, or how much time I've had to plan and pack before I leave, that I will stay up late the night before I leave. So here I am, at 12:40am... not too bad. Pretty much packed up. Just a few last minute things to do in the morning. Mom has taken the day off so we can hang out in the morning and then she can take me to Long Beach for my flight to SLC at noon. Ah yes, Utah... if I've been there, it was just driving through. But tomorrow I will begin my 24-day stay in Mormon country, to train for my new career.

Agh, the anxieties! Will I be able to recite my announcements to the stone-faced instructors? Will I have a crazy roommate? Will I pass that 30-question multiple choice test? Will I go insane? Am I taking too much stuff? (Last time I went to a training, I took everything for 5 weeks in a carry-on... Yeah... I have a little more this time.) You know what's funny though? The thing that is stressing me out the MOST is the clothes. How do I know what business style is? Call me stupid... silly... whatever... but seriously, when I had to wear a suit for the interviews I went to for the airlines, I felt like I was playing dress ups. Yeah, not so confident. Just feeling ridiculous. So all I can think about right now is 24 days of ridiculous-looking-ness. I'll post some pics sometime and then you'll see what I'm talking about!!

More from SLC...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Susa lewa, good luck on your training!