Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Bucks

I am done working at Starbucks... aka the Bucks. =) It's so random that I even started working there... but a fun experience. Good times!! I love the people that I work with. I love the variety. The regulars are great... I will miss them...
The guys that get their venti red eyes, or venti black eyes, that come in at 5am... John, who gets a tall brewed coffee with heavy whipping cream poured in it... Doug, who gets a grande brewed coffee with hazelnut and cream... Elizabeth, the grande, 3 pump mocha frappuccino with an add shot and no whip... the "7 pump lady," who gets a venti vanilla chai - 7 pumps of each... the guy that brings his dog in the car with him every morning, and gets 2 grande 3 pump, nonfat, no whip mochas - one decaf (for his wifey)... the lady who gets an iced venti caramel macchiatto with whipped cream... the old man who orders a tall brewed coffee, wants an extra cup (a short one), and always tries to hold your hand through the drive thru - once he said he wanted to take me to dinner!... the man who tells anyone who will listen that they should fire me so that I can work for him because he likes my smile and personality - he gets a grande coffee - 2/3 decaf, 1/3 regular. Not supposed to drink caffeine, according to his doctor, but wants to drink caffeine and if anything happens, sue Starbucks!... Lisa, who gets an iced venti caramel macchiatto with extra, extra, extra caramel sauce... Patrick, who just comes in and hangs out in the lobby, and sometimes get a hot tea... the girl who gets a grande zen tea with two tea bags, and light ice - I think she looks like Cameron Diaz... the interesting guys that come in from Sunset Ford - they always have a joke between them... the two ladies who get tall upside down caramel macchiattos with whipped cream, and sometimes breakfast sandwiches... the guy who gets a tall mild with cream... the man who gets a grande americano in a personal cup with whipped cream, and a venti ice water... the man who gets a tall hot chocolate with whipped cream, and a grande coffee with 4 shots... the guy who get a quad espresso, or a grande white mocha with 4 shots (the first time he ordered that, it sounded like, "can I have a white mocha with vodka?")... the lady who comes in at lunchtime and gets an iced grande white mocha with a pump of toffee nut... the people who come through the drive and get"two identical coffees"... grande black eyes, venti cup, 2 equals, heavy cream... the guy who gets a venti sweetened iced coffee, sometimes with a cheese danish... the lady who comes through the drive early every morning and gets a venti white mocha with whipped cream... there are so many more... and then there's Lucas. That's his last name. Davida calls him Otis. I don't know why! Lucas is an amazing man... Someone I would love to sit down and have coffee with. =) He will talk your ear off! But is so positive and giving and generous. The first night that I met him, he came in and asked all of us working to write down what kind of sandwich we wanted from Subway, then went and bought for all of us! He cracks me up.

I could go on and on... Maybe I will some other time... more reminiscing soon. =) Fun memories, fun people. A great transition job for me! I will miss my Starbucks partners, for sure!!

No comments: