Thursday, June 28, 2007

Chicaaaaago



Guess it's about time for me to update! The last few weeks have been crazy with the moving and the flying and trying to figure everything out... Kind of a blur thinking about it now.

I flew out to Chicago from Long Beach on June 18th. Go JetBlue. Even with almost a 2 hour delay (due to ORD stuff) it was awesome, because I have a comfy seat and DirectTV in front of me. All about 24 and Law & Order. I made it to Chicago though, and Toni was at the gate waiting for me. She showed me where our crew lounge is and we got a few things taken care of. Then we went to the Ramada Plaza - our home for what turned out to be 10 nights. =) The company gives us each 3 hotel nights in our new domicile, so a bunch of us put our hotel nights together, and had the guys at the front desk wondering if we would ever leave. =)

The staff at the Ramada were awesome. There was Dave, who was really cool about making sure we could have our same, 2 bed, room - 818. A guy from Israel, who was always friendly and helpful... I still need to go back there and chat with him. Then there was the guy who they had just hired, and always wore funky colored shirts that we made fun of him for... The first night we saw him, he was wearing a pink shirt. I think the next day was purple. Our last night at the Ramada I met Elijah. I was working out in their little gym and he saw me, so walked past once then came in and asked me what I was working on. He works security at the hotel - I had seen him there before but hadn't really talked with him. He's a trainer at Bally's as well, so he showed me some stuff I could do without a gym. He kinda reminds us of Taye Diggs... the way he looks anyway. He has an awesome accent, and is from Martinique, in the Caribbean. We've talked a couple times - he seems like a really good guy and has the laid back island flavor. Love it. =) The next morning, Elijah saw Erica, Toni and I as we were heading out to Toni's place to help her move some stuff. When we came back, he hooked us up with a free buffet breakfast at the hotel restaurant.

Erica and I moved to the Wyndham on Wednesday night, since Marck let us use his hotel days there. Erica got called on a trip starting Thursday, so I was all alone that night. It was so weird after being with people in one little room for so long. I had a feeling I would get called on Friday, but didn't expect it to be as early as it was. I got a 6am wake up call from Crew Support, saying I was just put on a 3 day trip...

No comments: