Tuesday, July 3, 2007

First Trips

Continued from the previous post...

They wanted me to show at 7:20, which was obviously only an hour and 20 minutes, and they have to give us two hours. I told them I'd do what I could... I jammed and got to the crew lounge at 7:15, found my FO, and we headed out to our plane. Natalie was there already, and she told me to take my time and not let them rush us. We got stuff going, boarded, and headed to DFW. I was the FWD Flight Attendant, which meant First Class. It was cool, because the Sunday before, I did a turn to Norfolk with Christina, who was awesome and patient and helped me feel more comfortable with being on the 700. After DFW we went to DEN then Birmingham, Alabama for the night. That was interesting, because halfway there, the pilots called and said we'd have to head back to Denver because our radar equipment wasn't working. Fun fun. The cool thing was, though, that all our passengers were so cool about it. Many were frustrated, I'm sure, but no one complained at us about the situation. They got things taken care of pretty quickly in Denver, and when we finally got to Birmingham, people thanked the pilots as they were getting off for making sure everyone was safe.

That night we stayed at the DoubleTree Hotel, across the street from a Subway where I got a deliciouso club sandwich. You know what's interesting about my experiences with this job is the attention I've gotten from guys. I don't expect it and it really throws me off. After I got my sandwich I went outside and was waiting to cross the street, and this guy started talking to me... he asked me if I wanted some company tonight... someone to talk to... I told him I was going to go and call my mom. =)

The next day we flew back to DEN, then to Nashville, Tennessee where we stayed at the DoubleTree again, but the rooms were way nicer! We got the hook-ups!

In Nashville, I decided to take the hotel shuttle to the Opry Mills Mall, and check out the Grand Ole Opry Hotel. Pretty cool! The mall was an outlet mall, so I walked through that and down to the hotel. The hotel is kinda a historical thing, with an island in the middle of it and a river around the island. You could take a boat ride (reminded me of the Jungle Cruise at Disneyland) around the river and get a tour, but it was more than I wanted to pay, so I just walked around. I went back to the mall to get something to eat before the shuttle picked me up again, and these guys tried to sell me a phone... then they tried to get me to go hang out with them that night... they seemed really nice, but still, they were strangers. Didn't Mom say not to talk to strangers?? Then, waiting for the shuttle, another guy came up and talked to me and gave me his number in case I wanted to go out for drinks! Oh yeah, then there was the guy on the train... Shoot. I don't get what is up with these guys. If I was in uniform... MAYBE... but no... just weird. Boys will be boys, I guess!

The next day we flew back to DEN, then Bozeman, Montana, and finally back to Chi-town. I was so happy to finally get a trip that was longer than just a turn! It helped me get more into it... Can be crazy, but it's fun stuff.

No comments: