Friday, July 6, 2007

Home for the 4th...


Surprisingly, I got the 4th, 5th, and 6th of July off... 3 days in a row + public holiday + my b'day on the 7th = home! On Tuesday night (the 3rd) I flew a Dayton turn, and then was going to try to get on a flight to LA that night at 10:30. On our flight from Dayton to Chicago, we had 4 extra passengers that weren't originally on the manifest (for a grand total of 7!). They said they were going to Chicago to connect to a flight to LA. I told them I was going to try to get on that flight as well, and the mom of the family bursted my bubble totally and informed me that they got the last seats. I was way bummed to hear that, but went to the gate to check it out anyway. Not only did I get on, but there were several empty seats on the plane. I was in the exit row, empty seat next to me, tons of room. It was beautiful. The FA making all the announcements was British and it made me nostalgic to listen to him. =) Mom picked me up and I was soooo happy to see her. Although having said that, I've never not been happy to see my mom. She is just awesome.

On the 4th we just hung out... in the afternoon we went and picked up Maria and she came and had dinner with us. Mi amamas long lukim em gen!!! We watched the fireworks and the dogs got all fired up, it was great. =) Abi was supposed to come over for dinner... We didn't know where he was and couldn't get ahold of him... Eventually Hope talked to him and found out that he wasn't feeling well so stayed at home in bed. But it was really weird for Abi not to come and not to call or anything, and also not answer his phone. Despite that disappointment, dinner was super yummy - fajitas, corn on the cob, steak, chips & guacamole... mmmm... I miss fresh homemade food! Oh, and how could I forget, that Mom and I had Golden Spoon around lunchtime! I miss that too.

The next day I got to see Jane! Mom and I did some errands then went and met up with her. She's in California for the summer doing a leadership course. I love being able to catch up with people. That night Dad had to do a mystery shop at the Cheesecake Factory in Brea, so that's where we had my "b'day dinner."Abi made my day and met us there. We had a delicious dinner, mine was made complete with a strawberry martini... don't know if I'll ever hear the end of it from Dad (because he's 57 and has never had a martini... plus it was so expensive). I needed a drink though! Things have been insane. After dinner we all went to The Block and watched Ratatouille... so cute!

Friday was a kinda whatever day... Mom did take me to The Coffee Bean and I got an iced mocha, so refreshing. I love the bitterness of the chocolate and coffee together... sugar free and decaf, of course =) We had lunch at the Soupplantation, my favorite restaurant, and Jason and Jenni both came, which was awesome! Seriously, this job is going to make me see friends more than I did before, because it has to be purposeful since it can't just be whenever anymore.

I miss being home in a lot of ways, but there are some dramas that I'm happy to be without. Two people that I miss a lot are Chris and Abi. Whatcha gonna do?

And on go the adventures...

1 comment:

Emily said...

Congratulations Rach! On your new profession & birthday too! Do you fly international? If you're ever in Scandinavia, it'd be great to catch up! -emily