Friday, December 7, 2007

Fun Randomness

I am a P to the max!!! You know, the Myers-Briggs test... aka Kiersey Temperament Sorter... aka the Jung personality test... So this is me:

ESFP - "Entertainer". Radiates attractive warmth and optimism. Smooth, witty, charming, clever. Fun to be with. Very generous. 8.5% of the total population.
Take Free Jung Personality Test
personality tests by similarminds.com

The "P" part of me is the spontaneous, last minute, non-planner. Ok, so I was on call last Saturday through Tuesday, and hung out in Tucson (i.e., I didn't get called)! I did have a two day trip right before that, with an overnight in Phoenix. I got to have lunch with Cliff, a friend from high school who lives in Phoenix!!! and then flew four legs of simple pie... much turbulence all day = no beverage service. I tried, believe me. I couldn't stand up in the aisle so I was literally kneeling, going through the aisle trying to see what people wanted to drink... and then my FO (First Officer) called me and told me to sit down! =)

Ha, I digress. So I had planned to go out to Colorado Springs on Tuesday night if I didn't get called, and hang out there for my days off this week. Well. My friend Jason, who is an amazing guy and also a Flight Attendant for SkyWest, happened to call me up on Monday afternoon. Long story short, he had Tuesday and Wednesday off so I convinced him to fly to Tucson on Tuesday morning then fly with me to Colorado Springs. Since we're Flight Attendants we can do stuff like that. =) I think it's awesome. He used to be based in Co. Springs (just transferred to Salt Lake City) so said he needed to get some stuff he'd left at his old place anyway. Flight loads looked good so we decided to rock and roll! I picked him up in the morning, and we hung out at my place. I got him to sign up on eHarmony, so we could see if they matched us, just for the heck of it! (Ok, if you don't know, I will admit it now, I signed up on eHarmony awhile ago simply because I was curious about what the personality profile would say about me... I like learning things about myself... and anyway, it's kinda funky cos they keep sending me matches, whose profiles I can read, but I can't communicate with them or see their pictures unless I decide to pay for a subscription... which I can't bring myself to do!! I know, so embarassing! Interesting though!) Yeah, so they haven't matched us... guess that's a no go Jason! =( We grabbed some yummy food from Rubio's, came back to my place, got our stuff, and headed out to the airport for our flight to Denver. SO fun flying with someone else!! Especially someone as cool as Jason. We are dorks! We hung out in Denver long enough to get a latte from Starbucks before catching our 14 minute flight to COS, where we flew First Class. WOW! ;-)

My days in Colorado Springs were so refreshing! Isaac and Clara Ring (MKs from Ghana and PNG) were awesome and opened their spare room and futon to me, letting me crash at their place. I hung out with Jubz, a new friend of mine, and spent quality time with Clara, had some great talks! Wednesday night Jubz and I went to church with Luke Skrobot... a solid message about being in the desert and what to do when you're there (how about both literally AND figuratively??). On Thursday Clara and I took on a huge task of doing some serious Christmas cookie baking for her music students. It was crazy! Lots of fun though, talking, laughing, and catching up with Isaac and also Keren, another friend from PNG/high school. I love catching up. =) And I love that I can do it more freely now with my job. A huge blessing.

me and Luke being crazy!

Isaac and Clara... and our delicious, raw food dinner!

me and Keren

Colorado is beautiful, but can I just say, I love the weather in Arizona! More change may be on the way in the next few months... We'll see what God tells me about it... stay tuned!

5 comments:

See More Glass said...

=) It was good seeing you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice update honey! Loved the photos! Love that you can spend time hanging with friends on some of your days off. Love that you'll be home again soon to hang with us too :-)

See you soon!

Mom

Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

you could have written more about me...and how makeoutable I am.

Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

potentially am that is

april said...

Forget Eharmony! I tried it out for the same reason and they totally ignored my essential criteria the whole time! :D (And no, those weren't "cute" or "wealthy".) On the other hand, they give more matches as time goes by, so there's still hope for Jason, who sounds like a riot. ;-) As do you.

Yay for non-revving, although as a mere sibling of an FO i have far lower priority than FA's.

Merry Christmas, too. :)