Tuesday, August 14, 2007

back in Chi-town

For my days off this week, I decided to come back to Chicago, where my old roomies generously welcomed me back and gave me a place to stay. =) They are great!! I flew in on Sunday evening on American, where I had an entire row to myself. Lovely! The flight attendants were good to me and hooked me up with a chicken wrap - lunch for the next day! I got in and got on the train that I have not been missing, and made it back to my old place at 11pm. I had tried to get ahold of people here but no luck... so thought I'd just see what would play out.

I mentioned Steve a couple posts ago... I met him on the train, and he had helped me out the day I left Chicago. He works for Delta doing ground stuff. He pushes back planes, loads cargo, all that fun stuff (you know those guys that run around on the ground before you take off and after you land, wearing the orange vests and waving the orange wands?). Well, yesterday after Steve got off work, he called me and I got on a bus to meet him near his place close to Lincoln Square. We took a walk around the neighborhood he lives in, and eventually made it to a little Mexican restaurant on the corner of a quiet street. It was just before 6:00pm, and since it was so early, we were the only ones there. I opened up the menu and immediately looked at the prices... Steve must have seen the look on my face and told me not to worry about the prices but get whatever I wanted! Alright... So I was looking at two different things that I was deciding between, and he told me I could get them both! Wow. I ended up getting a DELICIOUS meal of almond crusted fish with asparagus over a bed of couscous with sundried tomatoes, and caramelized plantains (like cooking banana from home!!!)... all with a super yummy coconut sauce on the side. It was great! I was so full... I'd been so hungry! (I know that will come as a shocker to any of you who have lived with me.) ;-) After our meal we walked around the area some more and then decided to catch The Simpsons Movie. So fun. =)

Steve is such a sweetheart and a gentleman. It is such a new thing for me to be... what's the word... hmm... I guess it's just a new thing for someone to be interested in me. I'm not sure what to do with it. We shall see I guess!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, "Sweetie", listen up:
You are beautiful and smart and sweet. Why would someone NOT be interested?
I love you. Keep having fun.